Cold-applied roof coatings have been in use for more than half a century, according to the Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA). But their roots go back much farther than that; ancient Egyptians used a form of coating (made of beeswax, gelatin and clay) to waterproof their boats.
Fast-forward to the modern age, when roofs were coated with hot tar or asphalt. For about 100 years, this hot-applied built-up roof was the only main option. But around the mid-20th century, it was discovered that cold-applied roof coatings could be used in similar fashion. Since that time, cold-applied roofing systems have continued to make advances.
If your business is in need of roof repairs or re-roofing, we offer many different options. Among them:
- TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin): This type of roof is made of a blend of polymers that are reinforced with polyester. They are sealed by heat and are normally white in color.
- Cold-applied systems: These coatings are assembled by using liquid adhesives and multiple piles of reinforcement.
- Metal wall panels and soffits: These systems provide optimum energy efficiency, while also giving your building a stylish look.
- Built-up (BUR) membranes: This is the modern version of the “tar and gravel” roofing system, which are piled up in an alternating fashion.
If you’d like to know more about your options for commercial roof materials in Albuquerque or the surrounding area, contact EverGuard today. We can handle any job, large or small, so put us to work for you!
A Trusted Name In Roofing
EverGuard Roofing is committed to making every roofing project we tackle as painless as possible. We accomplish this by:
- Using modern equipment for re-roofing.
- Vacuuming all loose rocks that may have accumulated on top of the building, which lessens the weight on your structure.
- Performing the work during off-hours to ensure minimal disruption to your day.
- Providing a warranty from a major manufacturer for every roofing system we handle.
When should you consider re-roofing your structure? Sometimes a roof has simply reached the end of its life; this is the case if you’re continually dealing with the expense of leaks and other issues.
Our team will perform a thorough inspection to diagnose all of your roof’s problems, and will then offer a clear list of recommendations. Rest assured that we will never leave our customers in the dark; any potential hazard of re-roofing will be explained in detail.
Call EverGuard today to discuss details about commercial roof materials in Albuquerque and the surrounding area. You deserve peace of mind!