As a homeowner, you already know your home requires maintenance and certain things need to be replaced from time to time. But how do you know when it is time to replace your shingle roof? Here are a few key signs that it is time to call a roofing professional.
- Shiny fibers showing through the shingle surface
- Cracked and/or missing shingles
- Bald spots on shingle where the granules are missing
- Excessive amounts of granules are evident in gutters or on the ground where water drains off the roof
- Shingle edges are curling up or the shingles are “cupping”
- Shingle roof is 20 years old or older
- The appearance of roof looks old and worn
If you are seeing any of the signs listed above, your roof is at or nearing the end of it’s life. If you are experiencing any of the roofing issues listed above, call a licensed roofing contractor to set up a roof evaluation immediately. After all, the roof is what protects your home and everything in it from the elements.