Everyday, a building’s roof serves as its primary layer of protection—but because it’s constantly being exposed to various elements, overtime its quality begins to decrease. From minor cracks to major leaks, addressing your roof’s issues immediately will not only improve its efficiency, but preserve the value of your entire property.
So how do you know what damage your roof has suffered and if a roof repair, patch, or a replacement is needed? EverGuard Roofing in Albuquerque breaks it down below!
Lose or Broken Shingles: Missing or damaged shingles can expose parts of your roof and make it more susceptible to serious damage.
- Signs: Shingles appear to be loose or have entirely broken off.
- Solution: If only a few shingles are missing or damaged, you can renew your roof with a few simple repairs. However, if the majority of your shingles are damaged or worn, a roof replacement may be needed.
Moisture Damage: Moisture can enter the inner layer of your roof through damaged shingles, cracks, or failed sealants. This can cause serious damage, such as mold, decay, and rot, which will weaken the overall structure of your roof.
- Signs: Stained ceilings or walls.
- Solution: Routine roof maintenance will help identify and treat moisture issues soon after and even before they occur. However, if the damage is done, a major roof repair may be needed to fix the compromised area.
Punctures or Holes: This type of damage is commonly caused by a lack of maintenance, but may also be a result of improper roofing and wear over time.
- Signs: Assess the exterior and interior, and note any cracks or holes.
- Solution: Typically, cracks and holes can be patched, but routine maintenance after is key to ensure problem areas are maintained and do not get worse.
Structure Damage: If the inner, supportive layers of your roof become damaged, the entire structure could be jeopardized.
- Signs: Your roof may begin to buckle or tilt.
- Solution: Depending on the severity of damage, large sections of your roof can be repaired or the entire roof may need to be replaced.
Pools of Water: Pools of water may gather on the roof’s surface, due to a lack of drainage and are most common on flat roof homes.
- Signs: Early signs are the actual pools of water themselves. However, if left untreated, water may penetrate through the roof’s layers and cause staining on the walls or ceiling.
- Solution: If caught early, the damaged area can be repaired and prevented from happening again by angling and sealing the roof. However, if too much damage has occurred, your roof may need to be replaced.
Worn Materials: If not maintained, roofing materials can become old, fragile, and less effective.
- Signs: Materials appear faded, are missing, rusted, or damaged.
- Solution: Typically, a roof should be replaced every 20 to 30 years, or when a majority of the materials are worn and old.
Repair, Patch, and Replace With EverGuard Roofing
With 20 years of experience and a dedication to quality, timely results, EverGuard Roofing is the name New Mexico trusts for expert roofing services! Whether your roof demands routine maintenance, repairs, or an entire replacement, we deliver! We’ll begin by assessing your roof for damages, then provide you trusted solutions. Call us today at (505) 821-9543 or visit us online to get an Albuquerque roofing estimate!